Hello Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hello Everyone, im Jacob! i live in calfornia and im age 17 i just bought a sulcata tortise two weeks ago hes still a baby hes about 3 inches so far! i did my research before buying him, so i know how big and how fast they grow! i have him in a 40 gallon terrium With A uvb bulb and 100w heat lamp on one side of the tank, i have a small shallow waterbowl with half dirt and half bark for his bedding, i also have a log den where he goes into sometimes to sleeep. i take him outside everyday to get sunlight and to excersise about and hour to two hours a day! For his Diet i Feed him Bursuada grass tall fesue grass dandilions with cuttle bone on tops for calicum, carrots and some diet supplement, one a week i feed him romaine lettteuce, and i recently bought yesterday timothy hay! i soak him everyday for 10-15 min in warm water!

so if you have any questions concerns comments let me know!

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Thank you For The Thread, i just read it, it sounds like im doing a pretty good job,
what kinna turtles do u own?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh my...let's see, I have a few:

My very favorites are the Manouria. I have Manouria emys phayrei and Manouria emys emys.

My next favorite are the box turtles. I have at least one of every kind of American box turtle.

I also have some leopards, a sulcata, a couple of Aldabrans, some yellowfoots, some Russians and some desert tortoises.

Oh, and I have a pond full of water turtles!!!

I'm retired and my job is now my turtles and tortoises. :p

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Thank you, i see you have a leopard ?
how old is it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My oldest girl is around 20 years, then the next one is a bit younger but I don't know exactly. The male is around 5 or 6 years. Here's what my babcocks look like:

leopardtort1-7-11a.jpg

I also have two pardalis this size:

leopard-a.jpg

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Thats Amazzing, i see you have so many. it must be a fulltime job taking care of all of them!
my Baby Sulctaaa is around 3 inches , would u happen to know anout what age it is, 3 months?

LindaF

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the forum. It is always nice to see young members that are excited about turtles and tortoises and learning how to care for them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome Jacob. Your baby looks pretty good. 3-6 months sounds about right, but its just a guess.

I'm right near Magic Mountain. Where are you?

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Yes, thanks for the advice i stay in california in a city called whittier. Its next to L.A

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My friend used to live in Whittier. There is a really good authentic Mexican restaurant there called "Tacos de Mexico". That's a great place for tortoises. Good weather.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
yea it is during summer time temp is 75-90's
im using a 100w heat lamp with a forty gallon tank, should i leave the light on during the night?
i have been leaving it on just in case

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Tom said:
There is a really good authentic Mexican restaurant there called "Tacos de Mexico". That's a great place for tortoises.
Tortoises like tacos?! I never knew...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jacob said:
They can Eat Tacos?

:D Tom was meaning the Mexican restaurant was good for eating in his opinion for humans. :D Of course then Peter cracked a joke about how Tom worded it. No tacos for your sulcata. Welcome!

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
hello, thanks i kinna figuiired after i posted that!
so jacqui what kinna turtles do u own?

Status
Not open for further replies.