Hello Everyone : )

Casjoyce5

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Montana
Hi there everyone,

So I gained so much insight and help from this community concerning my own hingeback tortoise, and I know plenty of people on here will be helpful, once again, concerning my mom’s tortoise!

I’m posting two pictures of her along with this post. My mom has had Isabella for about 4 years or so. We’re just hoping that we can learn more about her specific breed and how to best take care of her. She’s doing amazing. We just want to learn if we can be doing anything better for her!

Thank you all so much! :<3::) By the way, she’s very large :)... not sure you can tell by the pictures.

0B2456B7-D4A5-4267-A110-A09669BCF922.jpeg

Attachments

• 5C8C8555-5EDE-4D91-923E-D32F9D98C45E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 27

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a redfooted tortoise, and judging by the background, I'd say it's being kept in a yard that's not suitable for a redfooted tortoise. They come from South America and should be kept in warm, humid conditions. Please read about redfooted tortoises at the
http://tortoiselibrary.com/

Casjoyce5

5 Year Member
Montana
Thank you Yvonne! I will read up on red-footed tortoises and share what I learn with my mom. They live in NM, so it’s pretty dry, but they can build her a suitable home that will better benefit her : ) Thank you for the resource!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
High humidity. Temps between 80 and 88ish and lots of shady areas and places to hide/get out of the sun. They also love water and will swim in shallow pools and spend time just soaking.
What is this tortoise fed?