Hedgehogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
I wouldn't think that it'd be a good idea...don't know if a hedgehog, itself, would harm a tortoise, but it's "poop" might, if the tortoise decided to eat it...and tortoises do indulge in coprohagia (there's ya a new word to add some "zing" to your conversations, Moozilion ;)).

jessrich87

5 Year Member
Never even though about that... But because they require very different care and temps I would say no. We have one of each and they are very happy in there own homes. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
No. At the very least they would continually bother each other. I'd be worried the tortoise would get poked in the eye the first time he walked up behind the hedgehog.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
I'd be afraid the hedgehog would try to eat it. Or at least nibble. They're omnivores.

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
Tom said:
No. At the very least they would continually bother each other. I'd be worried the tortoise would get poked in the eye the first time he walked up behind the hedgehog.

A hedgehog would hurt a tort. The are very solitary animals and can be territorial. It could bite or injure a tort with their spines/quills easily

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Gee, Terry- uh, THANKS! Now, how can I work that into my report at our next staff meeting...:)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I would agree, I used to breed and raise hedgehogs. ( love them little guys) they are very Territorial. Don't think they would quill a tort. But defiantly not good to house them together...

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Moozilion said:
Gee, Terry- uh, THANKS! Now, how can I work that into my report at our next staff meeting...:)

Staff meeting?...oh, the possibilities offered! :p

When I worked in the MH/MR field (12 years), we had a monthly Staff meeting (most of that time I ran a small group home for Adults clients), and I often found opportunity to use phrases of similar meaning...if ya get my drift... ;)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Oh, I get that drift, indeed! I work for state MH myself.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Moozilion said:
Oh, I get that drift, indeed! I work for state MH myself.

Then you will definately find that word useful...I used to enjoy telling the bozos in the office things that they thought were compliments, but were actually the truth...

(seriously, I loved working w/ the clients a lot...the "suits", not so much!)

Status
Not open for further replies.