Heat Lamp Burned Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight_visionn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fremont, California
Hey guys. My heat lamp just burned out - it's almost midnight, so I can't really get a new one until tomorrow. Should he be fine overnight without it? He's over 200g and has a hide with a heated roof, but his substrate is slightly damp. Should I just worry about it in the morning, or try to find something to do about it tonight?

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Do you normally have the heat lamp on at night? If he requires night heat, it should be provided with something that doesn't give light. It really depends on what the temperature will be in the room he is in. I wouldn't want to let him get down below 65-70 at that size, but as long as he gets to warm up tomorrow he should be fine for a night as long as he doesn't get super cold.

How warm is it in his heated hide? If the rest of the enclosure is cold, I would just block him in there for the night.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
JeffG said:
Do you normally have the heat lamp on at night? If he requires night heat, it should be provided with something that doesn't give light. It really depends on what the temperature will be in the room he is in. I wouldn't want to let him get down below 65-70 at that size, but as long as he gets to warm up tomorrow he should be fine for a night as long as he doesn't get super cold.

How warm is it in his heated hide? If the rest of the enclosure is cold, I would just block him in there for the night.

Great advice. I agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.