Healthy toilet habits

kezilulu

Hi all just a quick "poo" question!
I've had Sheldon for a week now and his poos have always been quite, firm shall we say but today it was runnier than usual, should I be worried? I've been feeding him a combination of kale, Chinese leaves and mixed leaves from the supermarket. I have bought a grow your own kit but at the minute they haven't grown lol
xXx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Grocery store greens sometimes has that effect. Try to incorporate some cut up, dried hay into his grocery store greens. You can go to a feed store and ask if you can bag up some of the 'leavings' around the grass hay pile. They usually let you take some of that for free. Any grass hay will do. But you'll have to cut it into small pieces with the scissors then mix it all up with the greens or your baby won't eat it.

zenoandthetortoise

5 Year Member
For a quick fix while waiting for your seeds to sprout, you can get wheat grass at the grocery store for a couple of bucks. I've even gotten compulsive enough to dry the extra in my dehydrator so always have some available for mixing into the salad.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
Yvonne G said:
Grocery store greens sometimes has that effect. Try to incorporate some cut up, dried hay into his grocery store greens. You can go to a feed store and ask if you can bag up some of the 'leavings' around the grass hay pile. They usually let you take some of that for free. Any grass hay will do. But you'll have to cut it into small pieces with the scissors then mix it all up with the greens or your baby won't eat it.

Does this work with timothy hay that can be bought at pet stores?