Have you been bitten by your tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Like many others I was hand feeding Oscar when he bit me. It was the first time he'd eaten out of my hand and I was just watching him cut very clean shapes out of the dandelion leaf. Thinking, "boy that beak must be sharp". Then he got me because I didn't move my hand out of the way. Goober... me not Oscar!

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, arizona
RV once got a bit of a finger but let go pretty quick. bruised but no blood. She went for my hand/ forearm, but I'm a little quicker and she missed. And she definately checks out feet. I'm very careful. And when I hand feed, I do use tongs. Especially after she got the finger...

she looks sweet, but watch out! she's not a vampire for nothing!!!!!!!!!!

Half Decaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
My SDT Ben will frequently try to get at a finger when I am offering him hibiscus flowers - He'll go for the flower and then nudge it aside and will move to the finger. It must look like a fairly tasty morsel to him I guess. I hesitate to use tongs because I can move and twirl the flower around (like spaghetti) and get it into his mouth pretty efficiently with my hands, but I realize it is only a matter of time before he gives me a good bite this way. I could try using some thin leather gloves...

Status
Not open for further replies.