Hate finding out a series was cancelled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
jaizei said:
ShadowRancher said:
emysemys said:
Please enlighten me. Can you subscribe to Netflix and watch it on your TV, or do you see it on your computer? I don't have speakers on my computer.

You can have them send you DVDs in the mail...the instant account can be viewed online or on a growing number of devices on your TV. I watch mine through my bluray player but many game consoles work and there is a dedicated device you can buy through the Netflix site that will play it on your TV

Or you can hook your computer up to your TV. :p

Oh yeah...duh, if your tv is new enough to have an av input there is that (mine isn't so I forget)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My son watches Netflix on his I-Pod, my husband watches it on his phone ( I think he does this when he walks the dog ) and the computer, and my other son watches it on his TV with his game consel.l I don't bother with it.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Kvoigt said:
YES!! i started watching the riches on netflix (we dont have cable or anything) and it ended in mid season2!!! omg i was soooo bummed i really wanted to know what was goin to happen lol.... i hate that when they do that thats just the most recent one ive come across...

Loved "The Riches", and feel the same way. :(

StudentoftheReptile said:
Tom said:
There was a show 3 or 4 years ago called "Invasion". It was AWESOME!. It was the number one show on TV for the first few episodes and then the stupid TV execs started messing with the time slot and skipping weeks. The regular viewers thought it had been cancelled or moved and the ratings plummeted. It was cancelled after the first season. I was really bummed because not only did I love the show, I worked on it every week too. They were set in the everglades so there were animals in every episode. They were right in the middle of the story line when it ended... SO frustrating...

I remember Invasion. Yeah, definitely fizzled out. Another one, Surface, was about the same time, and it too, lasted about one season. That one was about sea monsters causing issues around the world. I know, sounds silly, but it was of better caliber then the typical Sy-Fy B-movie.

There was another sitcom I remember..."Stark Raving Mad" starting Tony Shalhoub and Neil Patrick Harris. It tanked after one season. Kinda weird, but I found it funny.

LOVED "Surface" and was so dissappointed when it just disappeared...

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
2Reds1Sulcata said:
Recently I watched the movie Serenity and found it was a spin off from the tv series Firefly. I then decide to "catch up" and check out the series on netflix....and wouldn't you know it only lasted 1 season. Anyone else have a series they "found" only to find that it was cancelled?

I met all of them and Joss Whedon on a panel at a comic show way back when. Yep a show that was gone much too soon. The worst for me when it came to this was Jericho.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
cmosuna said:
2Reds1Sulcata said:
Recently I watched the movie Serenity and found it was a spin off from the tv series Firefly. I then decide to "catch up" and check out the series on netflix....and wouldn't you know it only lasted 1 season. Anyone else have a series they "found" only to find that it was cancelled?

I met all of them and Joss Whedon on a panel at a comic show way back when. Yep a show that was gone much too soon. The worst for me when it came to this was Jericho.

My jealousy is a burning thing ;) :D

Oh I miss Jericho too...just rewatched it on netflix, don't know why I put myself through it ending that way again. My worst was carnival on HBO...it had two great seasons then just ends nowhere on a terrible cliffhanger

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
"Dead Like Me" was also tragically ended! then when they came out with the Movie, they never explained the end of the series!

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Zamric said:
"Dead Like Me" was also tragically ended! then when they came out with the Movie, they never explained the end of the series!

That movie was pretty awful...love love love the series though. I started watching homeland because it had Rube in it (not to mention Damian Lewis)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
ShadowRancher said:
Zamric said:

That movie was pretty awful...love love love the series though. I started watching homeland because it had Rube in it (not to mention Damian Lewis)

I started watching "Criminal Minds" for the same reason. My son told me the guy who plays Rube will only do a series for a couple of seasons then do a couple of seasons on the Stage... which is really to bad for any Series he is on. I like him.

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
emysemys said:
Please enlighten me. Can you subscribe to Netflix and watch it on your TV, or do you see it on your computer? I don't have speakers on my computer.

You can do it using most blu ray players, but now they have a little device you can buy and plug into your tv that will stream netflix, youtube, hulu, stuff like that. There is a cool one by Sony that's like 50 bucks

2Reds1Sulcata

5 Year Member
Arizona
cmosuna said:
2Reds1Sulcata said:

Oh how lucky!!! I had never heard of Firefly/Serenity....but once I watched Serenity, I had to catch up. Great group of people! Joss Whedon is great!

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
2Reds1Sulcata said:
cmosuna said:
2Reds1Sulcata said:

Oh how lucky!!! I had never heard of Firefly/Serenity....but once I watched Serenity, I had to catch up. Great group of people! Joss Whedon is great!

Yeah they were pretty cool, get to meet lots of cool folks as comic shows. This was a smaller one so people in general were more accessible. We got to meet Lou Ferrigno (jack ***) Kevin Smith (nicest guy ever) the cast of Serenity, and some others. Usually shows like that go to those events, they know their crowd of nerds lol. Love Joss though, Buffy was amazing and I can't wait for the Avengers!

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
WoooT Avengers is going to Rock...the trailer is already the coolest. Plus there is Cabin in the Woods and Much Ado to look forward too. It is the epic year of Whedon films

Which is still sort of on topic bc the OP was about a whedon film/series :p

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
Terry Allan Hall said:
Anybody watch "Pushing Daisies"? Liked that one just because it was so off-the-wall! :p

Yeah it was great at first then just got real weird and annoying after awhile

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Invasion and surface, those were two I was upset about. good shows, that just could not pull the numbers, yet somehow joey goes on for years, where's the justice? ( no offense intended to joey fans)

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
OMG the finale of Chuck (NBC) is on right now...this is sad. :(

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
ooo its only starting by you now? i wont spoil it.

Zamric said:
I like Chuck too, but I figured it was only a matter of time....:(

5 years (I think) isn't too bad...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
pdrobber said:
ooo its only starting by you now? i wont spoil it.

Zamric said:
I like Chuck too, but I figured it was only a matter of time....:(

5 years (I think) isn't too bad...

Naaaa, I think this is the 4th season, 2 Season with Chuck as the Intercept, 1 with Morgan and now Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.