Hate finding out a series was cancelled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Reds1Sulcata

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Recently I watched the movie Serenity and found it was a spin off from the tv series Firefly. I then decide to "catch up" and check out the series on netflix....and wouldn't you know it only lasted 1 season. Anyone else have a series they "found" only to find that it was cancelled?

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
YES!! i started watching the riches on netflix (we dont have cable or anything) and it ended in mid season2!!! omg i was soooo bummed i really wanted to know what was goin to happen lol.... i hate that when they do that thats just the most recent one ive come across...

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Monk was canceled right after I discovered it. I loved that show!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I discovered "better off ted" on netflix, absolutely hilarious show and it was cancelled after 2 season, I have not laughed that hard at a TV show in a long long time.

Shows I wish had run longer?
newsradio SGU I am sure there are more but I am drawing a blank.

2Reds1Sulcata

5 Year Member
Arizona
The first series that I ever discovered and had this happen to was Moonlight. Interesting and funny shows always seemed to get cancelled. Glad I'm not the only one! Netflix is great! I do love that at least I can watch all of the season without having to go track them down else where! ;)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Not quite the same thing, but I didn't know Jill was leaving Wipeout until the new season premiered 2 weeks ago. Devastated. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Guggie said:
Lie To Me. Entertaining and it just ended.

I LOVED this show!!! But I could never figure out why they chose to make that particular actor into some sort of sexy person that women go for. He was the least sexy person I've ever seen.

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL
emysemys said:
Guggie said:
Lie To Me. Entertaining and it just ended.

I LOVED this show!!! But I could never figure out why they chose to make that particular actor into some sort of sexy person that women go for. He was the least sexy person I've ever seen.

Good question, but he was entertaining. I just found the show fun and intriguing. Didn't watch it live, but on netflix.

You know one show that ended way too soon and is coming back in a big way? Arrested Development. The FUNNIEST show I've ever seen. I've watched the 4 seasons 3 times. Now it's coming back with a Netflix only show (10 or so episodes) leading up to a movie!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There was a show 3 or 4 years ago called "Invasion". It was AWESOME!. It was the number one show on TV for the first few episodes and then the stupid TV execs started messing with the time slot and skipping weeks. The regular viewers thought it had been cancelled or moved and the ratings plummeted. It was cancelled after the first season. I was really bummed because not only did I love the show, I worked on it every week too. They were set in the everglades so there were animals in every episode. They were right in the middle of the story line when it ended... SO frustrating...

The other one was "Jericho". I loved that one too and they just pulled the plug right in the middle of the story. Its just not fair, I tell ya'...

I got all the season's of "Dexter" for Christmas. I'm halfway through season 2 now and I just know they will cancel it by the time I catch up.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:
I got all the season's of "Dexter" for Christmas. I'm halfway through season 2 now and I just know they will cancel it by the time I catch up.

The first four years of Dexter were GREAT...although the jury's still out on Season 3. But I know what you mean about cancellations. I still can't believe that The Sopranois ended when it did...not to mention...how it ended!

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Tom said:
There was a show 3 or 4 years ago called "Invasion". It was AWESOME!. It was the number one show on TV for the first few episodes and then the stupid TV execs started messing with the time slot and skipping weeks. The regular viewers thought it had been cancelled or moved and the ratings plummeted. It was cancelled after the first season. I was really bummed because not only did I love the show, I worked on it every week too. They were set in the everglades so there were animals in every episode. They were right in the middle of the story line when it ended... SO frustrating...

I remember Invasion. Yeah, definitely fizzled out. Another one, Surface, was about the same time, and it too, lasted about one season. That one was about sea monsters causing issues around the world. I know, sounds silly, but it was of better caliber then the typical Sy-Fy B-movie.

There was another sitcom I remember..."Stark Raving Mad" starting Tony Shalhoub and Neil Patrick Harris. It tanked after one season. Kinda weird, but I found it funny.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
my DVR has a list of shows that I record regularly. I need to go thru that list and drop the shows that where cancelled... I bet there has to be at least 6 of them! (Come on! I really gonna miss "The Little Chocolateers"!)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tom said:

The other one was "Jericho". I loved that one too and they just pulled the plug right in the middle of the story. Its just not fair, I tell ya'...

As most of you may know, we don't have a TV at our house, besides being out in the truck we would rarely get a few hours to sit in one of the truck stop "theaters" to watch shows. Once I got home, I bought series to watch like Bones. Tom I bought all of Dexter's, too. :D I about wore out the ones I had bought rewatching them, because I couldn't afford more.

Just before Christmas my daughter Ash was down, and had Netflix on. She pays for it each month, but rarely has time to use it, so she gave me her code (actually after her being down watching it on my laptop it comes up automatically any how. Well, I have sadly become addicted and love getting to watch each series at a time, rather then waiting for a new one each week. Believe me, I am doing my daughter proud getting her money's worth out of it for her. :rolleyes:

Like Tom, Invasion is the top of my list of "Why the heck did they end that one?". I loved it. I want to know what happened next. :(

2Reds1Sulcata

5 Year Member
Arizona
[/quote]
As most of you may know, we don't have a TV at our house, besides being out in the truck we would rarely get a few hours to sit in one of the truck stop "theaters" to watch shows. Once I got home, I bought series to watch like Bones. Tom I bought all of Dexter's, too. :D I about wore out the ones I had bought rewatching them, because I couldn't afford more.

Just before Christmas my daughter Ash was down, and had Netflix on. She pays for it each month, but rarely has time to use it, so she gave me her code (actually after her being down watching it on my laptop it comes up automatically any how. Well, I have sadly become addicted and love getting to watch each series at a time, rather then waiting for a new one each week. Believe me, I am doing my daughter proud getting her money's worth out of it for her. :rolleyes:

Like Tom, Invasion is the top of my list of "Why the heck did they end that one?". I loved it. I want to know what happened next. :(

[/quote]

That's what I love about netflix! You can watch a series from season 1 and watch it all the way through. It's great for allowing you to catch missed seasons. I started watching Warehouse 13 during season 2.....netflix allowed me to catch up! Got to love technology!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
@ Yvonne

I loved Lie To Me. But the main actor (can't remember is name) started acting a little too cocky at the end. Before that he did have a strange sex appeal, even though he wasn't good looking

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Please enlighten me. Can you subscribe to Netflix and watch it on your TV, or do you see it on your computer? I don't have speakers on my computer.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
2Reds1Sulcata said:
The first series that I ever discovered and had this happen to was Moonlight. Interesting and funny shows always seemed to get cancelled. Glad I'm not the only one! Netflix is great! I do love that at least I can watch all of the season without having to go track them down else where! ;)

If you liked moonlight try Angel...it's also on Netflix and what moonlight was based off from (even some of the same writers and incidentally written by the same guy as firefly/serenity). A lot of angel fans were kind of pissed at moonlight bc fox was like oh maybe we shouldn't have cancelled that here is the same show! Not moonlights fault though... It was pretty good

emysemys said:
Please enlighten me. Can you subscribe to Netflix and watch it on your TV, or do you see it on your computer? I don't have speakers on my computer.

You can have them send you DVDs in the mail...the instant account can be viewed online or on a growing number of devices on your TV. I watch mine through my bluray player but many game consoles work and there is a dedicated device you can buy through the Netflix site that will play it on your TV

And OP... firefly is my favorite show ever made, fans are still lamenting and campaigning for more (that's what got us serenity) almost ten years later. IMHO joss whedon, the creator, is in the top five screenwriters of all time (my roomie is a film studies major/cameraman and her boyfriend is and associate producer for a couple shows in LA, so these are major discussions in our household :D).

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
ShadowRancher said:
emysemys said:

You can have them send you DVDs in the mail...the instant account can be viewed online or on a growing number of devices on your TV. I watch mine through my bluray player but many game consoles work and there is a dedicated device you can buy through the Netflix site that will play it on your TV

Or you can hook your computer up to your TV. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.