Hatchling Sucalta

BILBO-03

So I am going to get a Sucalta hatch ling pretty soon but was wanting to get my tanked set up first.

Enclosure- 60 gallon tank

Heating-flood bulb

UVB-outside not sure how long a day could someone fill me in.

Substrate- Zoo Med Eco earth

Will any kind of fixture can hold a flood bulb,can any Zoo Med or Exo Terra hold one.
Sound like a good start please fill me in:)

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
What are you doing for night heat?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Read Toms thread on closed chamber. 80 temps day and night with 80% humidity day and night and 95-100 basking. Unless you already have the aquarium, don't waste your money. He will out grow it quickly. The largest storage tubs you can buy are cheaper and can even be modified to connect two or more together.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
You will need some type of dome , preferably with ceramic light fixture , they look like this ;
lg-71577-60270-reptile.jpg
You will probably also need some heat at night when the light is off. I would suggest a CHE , looks like this ;
ceramic_heater_40w_2044.jpg
A hatchling should be outside no more than 2 hours a day , weather permitting . Hope that helps !

BILBO-03

[Q UOTE="wellington, post: 1385514, member: 12055"]Read Toms thread on closed chamber. 80 temps day and night with 80% humidity day and night and 95-100 basking. Unless you already have the aquarium, don't waste your money. He will out grow it quickly. The largest storage tubs you can buy are cheaper and can even be modified to connect two or more together.[/QUOTE]ok I will:)
Thanks!!!

BILBO-03

You will need some type of dome , preferably with ceramic light fixture , they look like this ;
You will probably also need some heat at night when the light is off. I would suggest a CHE , looks like this ;
A hatchling should be outside no more than 2 hours a day , weather permitting . Hope that helps !
Ok that's what I thought just wanted to make sure:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ok that's what I thought just wanted to make sure:)
I wouldn't use the mini domes. They keep in too much heat, heating up the socket/bulb/che too much. Also, only a ceramic socket should be used unless your using a regular incandescent bulb. The MVB and the che get too hot for a plastic socket and just not safe.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just an FYI, incase you didn't know. Mini domes keep in too much heat to safely be used with MVB and che. Also only ceramic/porclein sockets should be used for MVB and Che.