Hatchling Lighting

Katie Clamurro

Hello all! I got a female EBT in June of this year, followed by a female 3-toed about a month later. They both live together in an outdoor habitat. Much to my complete and totally unexpected surprise, Sunday-Tuesday I have found a total of 4 hatchlings in the pen. I never even saw any eggs! I had to do a quick crash course on raising hatchlings! Anyways, they are all setup now in a 10 gallon aquarium indoors. My question is about lighting. I have the Zilla Slimline Tropical 25UVB T8. Is this too much UVB output? I am keeping it on 12 hours a day. I just received the heat lamp fixture and bulb in the mail this afternoon. The bulb is the Zoo Med 50w. I installed it, and the tank went from 77 to 84 degrees in about 20 minutes. I got scared and turned the lamp off. I figured it would probably hit 90 in no time. Would a 25 watt be better? Should I even bother with a heat lamp? I read on another site to leave the heat lamp on for only 1 hour a day.....is this an option with a 25W? *SIGH* I've become so nervous about these ridiculously cute little babies!!! Thank you!