Hatchling enclosure size

spurtighted43

Location (City and/or State)
Bursa/Turkey
I found a greek hatchling in my garden 1-2 months ago(They are native here) I have fed tortoises ago too. I decide to adopt this little guy. it's a big advantage for them to be native here
I feed him with wild weeds(mullberry leaves,bindweed,plantain, dandelion, thistle, mallow, hibiscus and lettuce) and he ate and well very, and prepared his enclosure. It's 50*50cm. Is it ok for a greek hatchling?

(He is 25 grams.)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Please post pictures of the tortoise and the enclosure so as to enable the experts to help you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I found a greek hatchling in my garden 1-2 months ago(They are native here) I have fed tortoises ago too. I decide to adopt this little guy. it's a big advantage for them to be native here
I feed him with wild weeds(mullberry leaves,bindweed,plantain, dandelion, thistle, mallow, hibiscus and lettuce) and he ate and well very, and prepared his enclosure. It's 50*50cm. Is it ok for a greek hatchling?

(He is 25 grams.)
Minimum size for a little hatching is 61x122cm. Once you put in the hides, some potted plants, food and water dishes, and some furniture, there is no room left to walk in a 50x50cm enclosure.

Here is the correct care info:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also native tortoises should never be taken from the wild. You want one buy one and leave wild where they belong.
If you haven't had it very long then take it back where you found him and release him