Hatchback's weight

Shutterbuginaz

5 Year Member
I picked up a scale today and found out that Hatchback weighed 31.1 Grams and is 2 1/8 inches. This was just after his soak, but going forward I will weigh just before his soak. Tonight he had a lot of moist dirt in between his toenails and I didn't want that to throw his weigh in. Does this sound about average? He is three months old. I am more concerned with weight gain week to week rather than where he is compared to others. I just want to raise a healthy tort. Does anyone have any suggestions on whether I should be weighing him weekly or monthly?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
I use to weigh weekly to track but it was just out of curiosity :)

Shutterbuginaz

5 Year Member
I just found the thread with the Jackson Ratio Calculator. First time I put in his length I put used centimeters and went into panic when it indicated that Hatch was below weight and needed special care. When I realized my input error I was thrilled to see that according to the chart he was doing great. Then I saw another thread that indicated that the chart is not a good judge of proper weight for Russians. I am back at square one wondering if his weight is okay. :(

Shutterbuginaz

5 Year Member
I am hoping I can keep from weighing him daily! I find that Hatchback is turning into an obsession very quickly!