Has yet tortoise ever bit you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
The only time I got bitten was by a teeny little box turtle that we were trying to feed with a tube. It had been chewed by a dog and hadn't eaten for a long time. The vet was trying to get his "lips" open to put the tube in and I was holding him. He just reached sideways & grabbed my finger. I couldn't get him off. They all stood there laughing. It hurt!!. The vet finally put a hemosat in his mouth & turned it sideways to pry his jaws open further. It didn't puncture my skin but it stayed purple for several days. I couldn't believe it hurt so much for being such a teeny turtle.
Patsy

M

Maggie Cummings

Roachman26 said:
I've had lots of aquatic turtles ATTEMPT to bite me, but never a tortoise. Often its a mistake on the tortoises part when some one tries to hand feed to small of a piece of food.

Having said all of that, Maggie will tell you some great Bob stories!!!

No I won't, :(

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottinghamshire, UK
Oh Yes!
What a shock I got, crush bit my finger... I was like OMG you bite...ew errrr! LMAO
He wouldnt let go and used his claws..he only little so was only a pinch but i dread when he gets bigger...
P.S he only bites me when he is hungry lol.

xx

gyang333

5 Year Member
I noticed that my Russian likes to try and bite my fingers when I have my hands in his enclosure, either putting food in, or taking a tray in or out or just trying to snap pictures of him (with flash turned off). He comes at me with his mouth wide open ready to bite (I assume). Is there a way to let him know that I would not like to be bitten/cut down on this sort of act of aggression (if you can call it that)?

13Fox150

5 Year Member
I've never been bit by any of my turtles, and the tortoise hasn't tried yet but I cut myself making his meal today and I'm pretty sure he got a little taste.

chadk

10 Year Member!
I have a post titled "when good torts go bad" that shows a pic of my 35lb sullie biting my shoe :)

But usually he does not try to bite. Just when in a bad mood - and luckily, that isn't very often.

My male russian is a llittle turd though and will occassionly try to bite. My other torts have never tried.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
I had Ruby out today and she bounced her head on my finger and then she took a bite. She's less then a year old, but it still didn't feel good. I yelped and she let go and put her head in. All I was thinking is that I wouldn't try that with Dale he would really hurt me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.