Has anyone tried one of these new Zoomed UVB/LED kits before?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would think,the LED would damage eyes, way too bright. However, I don't know for sure, I just know it's not comfortable for me to have them shining in my eyes.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Interesting. I am having trouble growing plants in my enclosures and have been considering grow lights or led's. I may have to look into this.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Elohi, the ReptiSun 5.0 florescent light grows plants like mad. Mine is at 9" above the substrate.
I have a t8 10.0 in my hatchling chamber and the pothos does fine but everything else is not. Plants will sprout but won't grow or my vines plants will grow vine shut the leaves quickly die so it's a long empty green vine. It's weird.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
LED lights have been in the aquarium hobby for a couple of years. They are still super expensive but I have not used one except the aquarium variety. I'm sure that the Iight would effect fishes differently.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LED lights have been in the aquarium hobby for a couple of years. They are still super expensive but I have not used one except the aquarium variety. I'm sure that the Iight would effect fishes differently.
Yes, they are used in the fish industry and with no problems known of yet. We use them in the store I work for. With tortoises or and other reptile, I wouldn't think it would be safe.

seiff

I'm overly cautious since reports are that the compact fluorescents can be harmful. The mighty dollar wins every time against the best interests of our pets.

I'm taking a look at ZooMed deluxe sliding hood. It has the one 24" T5 and vertical ceramic sockets. I'm thinking ceramic heat 24/7 and just timer the fluorescent.