Has anybody else had this happen?

riley_bla41000

10 years ago when I was 4 or 5 years old, my parents friend gave me two baby red eared sliders that I named Phil and Lil. Well anyway a couple months after I had received the turtles we started getting ants in our house, so we bought this thing that plugs into the wall and is supposed to get rid of the ants and we plugged it in right under the turtle tank and the next day Phil and lil died. Would anybody know why they died? I think the thing made a sound that would get rid of the ants but I'm not sure. I would also like to know if anything similar has ever happened to you? Thanks.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Study after study has shown those ultra-sound pest things simply don't work. What is the old saying about causation? simply because you pligged that in, I seriously doubt it killed phil, and lil. Their death was unrelated to the device. Ultrasounds should not affect a RES at all.

riley_bla41000

Study after study has shown those ultra-sound pest things simply don't work. What is the old saying about causation? simply because you pligged that in, I seriously doubt it killed phil, and lil. Their death was unrelated to the device. Ultrasounds should not affect a RES at all.

Okay, thanks for your response!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I don't know how it could have heard the turtles but it does seem like an awfully big coincidence.

DutchieAmanda

5 Year Member
Netherlands
Did the device produce a sound, or did it spread a chemical? I can imagine that chemicals used to kill insects can also hurt reptiles...