HARU

iheartchessie

Location (City and/or State)
Marikina City
HARU came to me yesterday (7/11), and he's been 2 months already when I got him. I've noticed that he's always hiding. I saw some coco peat in his water dish so I assumed he drink there while I am sleeping. But everytime I visit his vivarium, he's always hiding. And also I noticed that his carapace is a bit rise, Is he pyramiding already? Or will it smooth out as time goes by? I am confident tho that I met all the requirements lights, temps, and humidity.

Attachments

• 20210712_174211.jpg
    20210712_174211.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210712_114759.jpg
    20210712_114759.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210711_174245.jpg
    20210711_174245.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

autumn_0201

Kuantan
HARU came to me yesterday (7/11), and he's been 2 months already when I got him. I've noticed that he's always hiding. I saw some coco peat in his water dish so I assumed he drink there while I am sleeping. But everytime I visit his vivarium, he's always hiding. And also I noticed that his carapace is a bit rise, Is he pyramiding already? Or will it smooth out as time goes by? I am confident tho that I met all the requirements lights, temps, and humidity.

Ur tort still looks quite young so u should give him some more time. Babies hide often, and he is probably scared of his new surroundings. The transition to a new home can be very stressful for them. Give him some time to adjust. In my opinion the lesser and gentler you handle him right now the better. U can put the food outside where he can see it and he'll come out and eat it when it's nice and quiet. I don't think Haru is pyramiding. Individual scutes would be raised above the normal dome shape of the shell to form what appear to be pyramids, but his shell still looks quite smooth to me, so u needn't worry! But, if u're still worried, u can check out this link to know more about pyramiding in tortoises.

iheartchessie

Marikina City
Ur tort still looks quite young so u should give him some more time. Babies hide often, and he is probably scared of his new surroundings. The transition to a new home can be very stressful for them. Give him some time to adjust. In my opinion the lesser and gentler you handle him right now the better. U can put the food outside where he can see it and he'll come out and eat it when it's nice and quiet. I don't think Haru is pyramiding. Individual scutes would be raised above the normal dome shape of the shell to form what appear to be pyramids, but his shell still looks quite smooth to me, so u needn't worry! But, if u're still worried, u can check out this link to know more about pyramiding in tortoises.

Thank you so much

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
He is quite adorable. Stick around here for the best and friendliest advice for your new pet!