happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J3vans

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gainesville, Fl
Two questions,
How do I know if my tort is happy. (Besides his obvious happy dance, or maybe that's his peepee dance)
And where do torts typically like to be pet, if they even like to be pet?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
A healthy tort is a happy tort. A variety of places, some of the torts here like a touch to the top of the head...the chin....and I have one guy who appears to favor sitting on my lap and me rubbing his shell while rubbing his back leg--he falls asleep every time...lol:D

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Every single turtle/tortoise species is different. SOme are known to be much more social, while others just want there food, water, and sunshine to be content. They all have different personalities, likes, desires, and requirements. I, personally, only believe that any animal can live a "happy" life when they are placed in an environment that they can live as though they are in the wild, so to speak.
I wish my tortoise liked to be pet, or held. My Russian tortoise does not like to be held, or constricted to space by any means. I have just sat him on my chest a few times and he will just walk off. I have only had him since November so hopefully he will come around (considering the Russian tortoise is known to be social). But, he might not ever. He does like to be out in the open and just romp around wherever he pleases. But, I have seen images posted by members of their tortoises enjoying their neck rubbed. I am not saying it cannot happen.
Others will come by to inform you better, I am still new at all of this.

ascott said:
A healthy tort is a happy tort. A variety of places, some of the torts here like a touch to the top of the head...the chin....and I have one guy who appears to favor sitting on my lap and me rubbing his shell while rubbing his back leg--he falls asleep every time...lol:D

I wish mine did this! Only time will tell...

starfield

5 Year Member
ascott said:

That is amazing! I think I need to cuddle my torts more often!

yoda3106

5 Year Member
See, I think my henry is a happy tort, like today, I sat and watched them all for a while cause it was quite nice out and I saw him eating his favourite weed but it was a shame cause he could only reach 2 of them, the rest where above him and outta reach so I sat and watched him to see if he could figure it out but he gave up in the end so I picked him up, he sat him in my hand and put him to the height and he just sat and munched away quite happily :) I ended up waking around the garden with him to this same weed for about 20mins haha

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
yoda3106 said:
See, I think my henry is a happy tort, like today, I sat and watched them all for a while cause it was quite nice out and I saw him eating his favourite weed but it was a shame cause he could only reach 2 of them, the rest where above him and outta reach so I sat and watched him to see if he could figure it out but he gave up in the end so I picked him up, he sat him in my hand and put him to the height and he just sat and munched away quite happily :) I ended up waking around the garden with him to this same weed for about 20mins haha

SPOILED:p:D

ascott said:

REALLY SPOILED:p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.