Hanging lights

Hannah Staine

I really don't understand how I can hang my lights above my enclosure. I have read some that say get the exotic Terra bracket but I don't think it would stick to my box because it's wood not glass and I also read to not hang by cord use a chain. I don't know what I would wrap the chain around to hang it and I also don't understand how I would attach the chain to the lamp.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
A picture of the enclosure would help but this works well. It is just a lamp stand. It has a base that goes under the aquarium or your table.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476666958.518186.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Show us a pic of your enclosure and we can help. They don't have to be hung by chains. Mine are hung by rope and bungee cords, which ever one works for where I need it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You first need to make some sort of framework over the enclosure using wood, or PVC pipe, or any material that works for you.

Most "clamp lamp" style fixtures have either a hanger built in or something that you can attach light chain to.

Personally, I hang all mine from the cords and have done so since the 80's. An electrician will tell you this is not safe and not the "right" way to do it, but its been working fine for me with dozens of fixtures over 3 decades. Since I told you what the electricians will say, you can't sue me if you close to do it this way and something bad happens. :)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Yep, that's the one. As long as it's base is sitting under something heavy it will not tip over.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I made a couple different kinds (Some of these are pictures off the Forum, and not my stand):

light stand a.jpg light stand b.jpg light stand c.jpg light stand d.jpg light stand e.jpg