Hanging clamp lamp by cord

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjr153

5 Year Member
Is it alright to hang the clamp lamps by the cord if there is some type of other reinforcement? I need it to be closer to my Sulcata Thanks :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Your basic idea is a good one...get rid of the clamp and hang the light. However, you really shouldn't hang it by the cord. You can use a chain, or a heavy string...anything would be better than hanging by the cord.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Exoterra makes a really nice, and relatively inexpensive lamp holder bracket. It sticks to the side of your tank with really strong adhesive, and then it has clips to hold the cord. I believe it may come with the exoterra lamp but it may have come with the bracket I dont remember, but it also has a metal hook that you fasten to the light fixture that goes on the bracket, so it adds even more stability. It's also adjustable so you can make it as tall or short as you want... I know zoomed has something similar except it stands on the floor and is more expensive, I got the exoterra one and am happy with it. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z8IZSE/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
kjr153 said:
Is it alright to hang the clamp lamps by the cord if there is some type of other reinforcement? I need it to be closer to my Sulcata Thanks :)

What do you mean by some type of other reinforcement?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
DO NOT HANG FROM CORD ...... buy some metal chain and make sure your " clamp light" or what ever type you use ....has a ceramic base. If ignored your play'n with FIRE!

tutail

5 Year Member
CourtneyAndCarl said:
Exoterra makes a really nice, and relatively inexpensive lamp holder bracket. It sticks to the side of your tank with really strong adhesive, and then it has clips to hold the cord. I believe it may come with the exoterra lamp but it may have come with the bracket I dont remember, but it also has a metal hook that you fasten to the light fixture that goes on the bracket, so it adds even more stability. It's also adjustable so you can make it as tall or short as you want... I know zoomed has something similar except it stands on the floor and is more expensive, I got the exoterra one and am happy with it. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z8IZSE/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

This one didn't stick for me (literally!). Maybe mine was defective, but it fell off after a few days. Mind you, I use a rubbermaid container to house my tort, so maybe it'll work better on a different setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.