Habitat Improvements

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Youngstown, Ohio
I have been working on my indoor enclosure for my two box turtles. When I first joined here, my enclosure was not I closed. Well I am almost done. I have added a uvb light, put doors on the top to get in and added sliding plexiglass doors to the front. I was using an inferred bulb for heat but am going to change it over to a che fixture. Can this be used for the basking or should I leave the inferred light in for backing? Here are some pictures of what it looks like now.
Inferred area

image.jpeg

Long view of enclosure

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, Cheryl: That's a real nice enclosure! Once you replace the red bulb with a CHE it will be even better. Add a few plants for additional hiding areas. You may find you need another CHE at the opposite end.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Yes, I started with an old bed frame. It was covered with wire but I just enclosed it last couple of days. Now I have to work on plants. I still have to finish closing one side.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Just an update. I have now removed that red bulb and replaced it with a CHE. The wire you seen in the pic has also been removed and replaced with plexiglass . Now on to getting better hides and plants. This is a great place to get info. All of you have been so helpful. I think my turtles will be much happier.
I will add some pics of the turtles later today when I take them out for a soak!

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Pics of my two turtles
This is my new one. I have had her for almost two weeks. She is a three toed box
image.jpeg

This is Rafeal. I have had him since July. At least I think he is a male. He has a slight curve to his plastron. A gulf box turtle from what I can tell.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3