Haaay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filbert

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Greetings,

I have a question. I am trying to buy some hay from my little russians and was told to buy brome hay for them and just keep it in their tank at all times. But when I went to go get the brome hay it had pictures of bunnies, rats, and guinea pigs all over it. Is that still the kind of hay I'm supposed to be using?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and hope everyone and their torts are doing well! :)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
As long as its Orchard, Timothy, Oat or Botanical hay its fine. Just avoid Alfalfa because its too high in protein for tortoises.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
You could also go to carolinapetsupply.com and buy hay. or depending on how much you go through a bale from the feed store works to.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Filbert, Here is some info on Brome Hay. Not sure how much Russians eat of this but can be used as a substate or on top of their substrate to hide in.

I got this info off the Oxbow site an summerized it;
Brome Hay grass hay is nutritionally similar to Western Timothy. Although it is not as green.
Brome hay is a grass hay that is high in fiber, low in protein, and low in calcium. It looks a lot like western timothy hay, but has a wider blade. It has a different flavor that will add variety to an animal's diet.
Brome grass is a perennial that is grown in Eastern Europe , Russia and Canada as well as the north-central part of the United States .
Here is the site address- https://www.oxbowhay.com/link.sp?page=BromeHay

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Holly said:
Hello um can greek torts have timothy hay also? I wanted to go get some but not to sure if could have it.:)

Yes they can have some.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Holly my Greeks won't eat hay. They are really not set up to eat hay like sulcatas would be. It was discussed in an earlier thread under Greek Geeks. However they do like to hide in it.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.