Growth Update on Anouk and Novalee (w/ pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Been too long since I've done one of these! I couldn't find the tape measure while I was doing pictures, I was going to use it for reference, but went the old fashioned way and used my hand.

Anouk is 21 months old today, and her stats are:
404g and 5" inches SCL!
TortieGirlsJune25th013.jpg

I know some of you will have noticed, but Anouk has had a minor bit of pyramiding. It was from the time when I first received her, and I kept her on straight aspen for about 5 weeks. It was long enough to do damage, but not lasting damage I'm happy to say. Here's a side shot of my big beautiful girl--Once we pass 7" it should be barely noticeable.
TortieGirlsJune25th022.jpg

Little Novalee isn't so little anymore at 11 months
she's 269g and 4 3/8" inches SCL!
TortieGirlsJune25th008.jpg

And lastly, one shot of teeny Conan. Still eating like a champ, but not growing. I've been watching him trying to get a sample, but he does his business earlier than I get up most days.
TortieGirlsJune25th027.jpg

Novalee will be ONE YEAR OLD next month! I can't believe it! I've had her since she was 5 weeks old, so we've been together almost that entire time. She's getting her big girl bin for her birthday, and I'll be sure to do a thread with some before and after photos :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow Meg, they are beautiful and they are growing beautifully! You are doing a very good job with them :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
They are absolutely beautiful Meg. Good job raising them. I can't wait to see her birthday thread and her present. I must have missed your new little one though. I don't remember where did you get him?

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Your tortoises are beautiful and so obviously well-cared-for.

I'm with Candy, though--whither Conan?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Conan is my little rescue baby Hermanns! ;) He's doing a lot better, but still not there yet. I think he gained 2 or 3 grams this month only, and still has not grown SCL wise.

I can't believe how big/old the girls are getting! Anouk will be TWO soon! Its so crazy! Only a couple more years until I can start to try hatching out little tortoises of my own. :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yeah, I can't wait to see pictures of the new Tortoise and Reptile House--you know, the one they're letting you and Reid share. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.