Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I just took in this little female Greek tortoise. She was purchased 4 months ago at a Northern California PetsMart. They tried to keep her in a large horse trough, but the tortoise was not happy unless it was outside. They couldn't put it outside because they also have two pit bulls. So the tortoise spent all its time trying to climb the walls of the habitat. She would only eat if she could bite the food off the plant. If they tried to cut plants and put them in the habitat the tortoise would not eat.

If anyone knows for sure what she is, I'd appreciate it if you would tell me.

2013rescue13a_zps1a97d76b.jpg

2013rescue13b_zps53af1eae.jpg

2013rescue13c_zpsb9888608.jpg

This is a no fee adoption for you, however, I have to come over and take a look at where you're going to keep her so I can be sure she's going to a safe and secure home. In other words, you have to live within driving distance from my house, like say, from Visalia to Madera.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Appears to be a female Golden Greek. It's what they tend to sell.... She's pretty... So your adoring her out? Or do you mean you adored her?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
tyrs4u said:
Appears to be a female Golden Greek. It's what they tend to sell.... She's pretty... So your adopting her out? Or do you mean you adopted her?

Sorry - I've edited and added a line about her adoption.

Janine2566

5 Year Member
Southern CA
Wow I am in Southern CA and have a nice open back yard and no dogs would love to adopt her. Wish I was closer for you to see. I would drive up just to pick her up and give her a nice home.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Yvonne G said:
tyrs4u said:
Appears to be a female Golden Greek. It's what they tend to sell.... She's pretty... So your adopting her out? Or do you mean you adopted her?

Sorry - I've edited and added a line about her adoption.

She still available? And would you ship. I know you want to 'see' the yard. I can send photos of some greek enclosures...

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
>.< too bad she's a golden greek... I want her but my greek is a libre... She can get sick just by being around your tort...

Status
Not open for further replies.