Great idea for proper edible weeds/plants

Jenblalock003

Soooo some if you are prob one step ahead of me on this one. But I'm not the best in identifying weeds/plants/grasses etc BUT I found a few free apps you can download and take a pic of the weed. It emails it off and gets bk to you in 24 hours. Not sure how accurate just yet but if it is then I'm super excited! Anyone use this? Again, I'm not very good with this area.

Thanks again!

Jennifer

Jenblalock003

Team Gomberg said:
What is the name of the app?

I typed in "plant identifier" and I believe it's call Garden Compass. The other I typed in weed identifier and is called "Spectracide".

Jenblalock003 said:
Team Gomberg said:
What is the name of the app?

I typed in "plant identifier" and I believe it's call Garden Compass. The other I typed in weed identifier and is called "Spectracide".

Just found another "turf grass weeds". You select region where you live and shows pics with name of weed

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Plant identification as a search term turned up a lot of excellent apps for issuers all over the world. Very cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Jenblalock003

Elohi said:
Plant identification as a search term turned up a lot of excellent apps for issuers all over the world. Very cool. Thanks for the heads up.

I also googled weeds that grow in Louisiana since that's where I am. Many sites have pictures and names of each. Then I compared it to diet sheet or searched that particular weed to make sure ok for the torts. Just ideas but hopefully this app will be awesome!

Jenblalock003

Elohi said:

So I received and an email from the app I downloaded last night. I like the results see attached. Exactly what I took a pic of in fact they sent me the pic I originally sent along with name and explanation.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 32