GRAPE LEAVES

Status
Not open for further replies.

babylove6635

5 Year Member
SO WHEN FEEDING GRAPE LEAVES ARE THEY THE KIND PEOPLE EAT OR CAN THEY EAT THE KIND THAT BIRDS EAT?

M

Maggie Cummings

Well, I'm not too sure I understand what you mean cuz I don't know anybody who eats grape leafs. But to answer your question, grape leafs are good for them, I feed them to my crew daily for as long as the season lasts...HTH

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Grape leaves are often used in various Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines. Pretty much ANY leaf of a real grape plant is OK, but be sure to avoid grape ivy which may not be.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Mine love grape leaves, I feed 3 different varieties.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Every time someone posts about grape leaves....I get a craving for some stuffed grape leaves and lemon sauce...Then I drive an hr to pick them up...:p

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Mark, I'm just curious. Is grape ivy the type that we have here in the northeast. I wish I could provide a picture, but it's all dead and gone now. It grows wild here and uses trees & the sides of houses as a means of extending itself. Thank you!

Madkins007 said:
Grape leaves are often used in various Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines. Pretty much ANY leaf of a real grape plant is OK, but be sure to avoid grape ivy which may not be.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
Mark, I'm just curious. Is grape ivy the type that we have here in the northeast. I wish I could provide a picture, but it's all dead and gone now. It grows wild here and uses trees & the sides of houses as a means of extending itself. Thank you!

Madkins007 said:

I always thought that was wild grape vines you had? The grape ivy I know of is a small leafed house plant.

Tony the tank said:
Every time someone posts about grape leaves....I get a craving for some stuffed grape leaves and lemon sauce...Then I drive an hr to pick them up...:p

That sounds interesting.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Hey- don't be asking me to identify plants- horrible at most of them!

My wife's family is Lebonese and LOVES stuff like stuffed grape leaves. Some of it is mighty tasty... some tastes odd to my Germanic tastebuds.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Argh! It pains me to say this, but I think you're right Jacqui! :)

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

Madkins007 said:

I always thought that was wild grape vines you had? The grape ivy I know of is a small leafed house plant.

Tony the tank said:

That sounds interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.