Got my new hatchling 2 days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

SulcataGuy

5 Year Member
Got my new baby 2 days ago, she was incubated at temperatures to most likely make her a female, she still doesn't have a name. Resides in the larger Rubbermaid container I could find with a MVB and an under tank heater, coconut coir bedding, a rock under the heat lamp, with moss around the rock to raise humidity, a humid hid box and a water dish and shallow food dish, I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how o do it from my iPhone, sulcata baby's are amazing looking tortoises, am looking forward to watching her grow!

SulcataGuy

5 Year Member
Thank you all, been reading these forums for the last couple weeks before i got her, this forum has taught me a lot, just need to name her now.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome. And yes, sulcatas are amazing.. below my siznature are some threads tom has started for the care of sulcatas. Please read them, there is lots of good info in them...

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Welcome. I looked at your enclosure thread. I thought you did a good job. I was going to build a new enclosure but am not very handy with tools so I think I will just redo my 50 gallon rubbermaid to make it a little bit bigger. Anyway, cute tortoise! They are definitely some of the cuter tortoises.:)

SulcataGuy

5 Year Member
Well thank you, only one is mine the other is going to a friend in the next couple days when I finish helping him finish his Rubbermaid enclosure

SulcataGuy

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone, she/he is doing awesome, eating like a little fatty and loving her enclosure, did a small lil upgrade and added plants (we'll see how long they last, lol) and planted different grasses that have just started sprouting

Status
Not open for further replies.