Got crazy looks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Where I'm living I literally cannot find dandelions! Back when I was on the west coast they seemed to plague our yards from spring till winter. This weekend my boyfriend and I were back on the west coast in Oregon for a wedding and while they were setting up the reception near a field I was out picking dandelions to bag up their fluffy seeds to bring back! Everyone thought I was insane for gathering weed seeds, but they were growing untreated and wild in a field. I'm going to plant some trays of these dandelions for my rabbits and tortoise to munch. Oh the things we do :p

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
The things we do for our torts :D it's rational to us but to those commoners, we are weird lol but don't worry we understand why you did what you did you freak ;)

bholmes88

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Taylor, Tx
I always do things like that! Just the other day I was at a Coffee Bean ordering coffer for my wife. Right next to the intercom were two huge spineless opuntia cactus plants. I asked the guy if I could have a couple pads and he just laughed and said not to kill it.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Glad I can join the rank of maniac :p I planted my dandelions but am now waiting for them to come up!

Nerdling

5 Year Member
Edmonton
lol!! That's hilarious, I know I get funny looks just from picking them in my front yard and taking them into the house. I can't imagine the looks on peoples faces when you started gathering seeds! Maybe they thought you were a tourist?

Quick question - torts (such as redfoots) can eat all parts of the plant, right? Flowers, stems, and leaves?

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
I can relate, I have other pets too that love dandelions and clover. so I am always picking them in fields and the area around me. Why not try growing them from seeds where you are?

Team Gomberg said:
ascott said:
What? Sounds completely normal and rational to me...

i agree ;)

i too have had some crazy looks while gathering weed seeds from random areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.