Good places for buying glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I'm looking to build a new enclosure soon and I will be installing glass sliding doors. I have no experience with glass but I'm hoping some of you do. I'm NOT INTERESTED in plexiglass, though it's excellent for some applications it won't cut it for my purposes.

Where did you purchase your glass from? I know the runners/sliders are at most home supply and hardware stores.

Thanks for any input!

abclements

5 Year Member
I got mine at a small local glass cutter. He was the least expensive in town but it still cost 9 cents a square inch for 3/16 inch glass.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
abclements said:
I got mine at a small local glass cutter. He was the least expensive in town but it still cost 9 cents a square inch for 3/16 inch glass.

That is awfully expensive for glass,are you sure it was 9 cents and not .9 cent per square inch ? I just figured the cost of a piece I got awhile back and it was about .7 cent per square inch. By your cost it would cost over 7 dollars to replace the glass in a 8x10 picture frame.

abclements

5 Year Member
Glass gets really expensive when you get thick glass. Mine was for a coffee table, so I had to go thicker than usual, plus the guy had to bevel the edges. So I just lumped that all in when I did my calculations. So definitely less than 9 cents a square inch for just straight cut glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.