Good evening - I'm new here too...

Krissyb70

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
Hello guys
I stumbled upon this site whilst looking for reasons why my tortoise has just taken to flipping over!
I rescued a Horsefield and already, Leonard is endearing! I actually have no idea if it is male or female, as its tail is forever curled under its shell - suffice to say, the name will stay, as we named it after my partner's dad that passed away on the date we got the little fella (if you'd have met Len, you'd know he'd fine it amusing!)
We are situated in the UK.
Krissy x

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Krissy!

The older tortoises usually end up on their back because they've been trying to climb the walls to escape. Older Russian tortoises don't appreciate living in small indoor enclosures. Try to get him the biggest container you have room for. Large plastic tubs can be utilized. You can even cut out opposing ends of two of the same kind of tubs and put them together to make one LONG enclosure.

LoonyLovegood

Colorado Springs, CO
Hello guys
I stumbled upon this site whilst looking for reasons why my tortoise has just taken to flipping over!
I rescued a Horsefield and already, Leonard is endearing! I actually have no idea if it is male or female, as its tail is forever curled under its shell - suffice to say, the name will stay, as we named it after my partner's dad that passed away on the date we got the little fella (if you'd have met Len, you'd know he'd fine it amusing!)
We are situated in the UK.
Krissy x
Welcome! I'm a newb as well, and my leopard tort has flipped itself over a couple times now in the two weeks I've had him. It's always in the same spot where he tries to climb between his hide box and the wall. I would move the hide, but space is limited. I'm eventually just going to have to put a plant in that spot to discourage the little guy!