Good Breeders?

jcr1017

Hi everyone! I have my setup ready for a baby Greek, Russian, or other similarly sized tortoise and have all info I need for care, nutrition, etc. I live in northern New Jersey and prefer to see the animal before I take it home. I am open to rescues and breeders alike. I'd be able to go to New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, or stay in New Jersey to look. If anyone knows any reputable breeders or rescues, please let me know. If you have some tips on anything I should know, being a first time keeper, I'd like to hear that as well. Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. I see you just joined the forum today. So, where did you get your care info from? Most internet places, stores, some breeders, some vets, still give out bad out dated info. If you got your info from those places, take the time to read the caresheets of this forum before you purchase a tortoise. If you did get your info from this forum then you are correctly informed and hopefully followed the caresheets and are ready to take on a tortoise. Look for breeders of the species you want on this forum. Check out the for sale threads to see if any are available.

jcr1017

Thanks Wellington! I did get my info from this forum, I only joined today, but I used this for a while. I will look around the forum some more for the species and thank you for your quick response!