Good Box turtle pellets

Big Ol Tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
pflugerville Tx
Mrs.Turtle has never eaten pellets or anything of the sort. So what are good turtle diets or pellets she could have? she's a 3 toed box turtle and I'm wanting to try something new and if she likes it then it will be cool to give to her as a treat.

erinlyndon

I never feed mine pellets, fresh food is alway better if you have a variety.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I feed mostly fresh foods. But occassionally I add reptomin aquatic sticks to their diet.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
the woman who wrote the article i provided above has told me that the only processed turtle food she uses is Omega one Turtle pellets-but they are mixed with the other foods she listed in the artlcle.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
every eastern i've ever had liked dog food ....frozen bil-jac seemed to work well with them , i think the nutritional values are pretty close to most of the turtle foods i've used .

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Mazuri makes a good omnivorous reptile product, which I use for my box turtles to supplement the "natural" foods. It works well, but I am not sure if it is available in smaller quantities than the 25lb bag.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
PM me your address if you want and I will send you a small bag of Mazuri to try out. My boxies aren't big fans of it.

I'll donate my bag of mazuri also! In fact I call it the "sniff and go" food! I thought my box turtles would be interested but they just sniff it and leave.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
My torts love it but the turtles not so much. I've seen a few eat it but it wasn't worth putting it out for them. Hopefully Mrs. Turtle will.

AJK Aquaria

I have some young Easterns that love the Mazuri Aquatic floating pellets. But only in water. Moistened and laid out on a dish goes uneaten. My 3 Toeds ignore Mazuri Aquatic and Tortoise formulas. Pellet foods are a convenience for sure, but not vital.

And I have zero box turtles that take greens of any kind. Perhaps getting them started on them at a young age is the way to go, and mixing it in a blend of foods. I am not making that effort...