Glossary of terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I did a search and I could not find one and I think we could use one. When I type a response I would like to be able to say WC or CB and others and not have to type out the whole word. I belong to some other forums ( this one being the one I visit most of course) and they have a glossary of terms so newbies can look there and see what thy are. Just a thought josh.

Miss_Kat

5 Year Member
LA
great idea! I see this on the mommy forums I am on and it helps the newbs get a handle on what the short hand is. Also, just good to have somewhere to check on meanings etc.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Would the reader have to go to the glossary, or would the writer be able to highlight the word and turn it into a word you click on that takes you to the glossary and that word?

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
Excellent idea.

emysemys said:
Would the reader have to go to the glossary, or would the writer be able to highlight the word and turn it into a word you click on that takes you to the glossary and that word?

The reader going to the glossary would be much simpler otherwise there would be MUCHO coding involved. A simple alphabetical list in a stickied thread would be good enough i think.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Zouave said:
The reader going to the glossary would be much simpler otherwise there would be MUCHO coding involved. A simple alphabetical list in a stickied thread would be good enough i think.

I second that +1

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I like this idea!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
That would be awesome, sometimes someone will post short hand for a term that I am not familiar with and I have to google it to figure out what it is. Would be so much easier if I could just find it on the forum....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
LOL actually I am working on one of those for another forum I am on. Could always place it in here once it's done, if Josh would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.