Giant musk turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
I was wondering if anyone has a giant musk turtle and if so any enclosure pictures? I want to go with either a stock tank or a huge aquarium. How did you make the basking area? I know they don't bask muck but I should but something right? Anything would help

Kyle

Check out my site and channel:
Www.tortoise-spot.webs.com
Www.youtube.com/tortoisespot

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
If possible, try and go with a larger aquarium. That way the turtle can see--and interact with you better than if it is in a stock tank. For me, the best part of owning and interesting species like Staurotypus is being able to watch it through the glass rather than just looking down on it in a stock tank.
But then, eventually you will need a pretty big aquarium!

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Yeah I was thinking of a pond but I also like the fact of a big aquarium because they are so unique. Also he's a big baby and loves to come up to me during feeding and eats out of my hand, by buddy was feeding him by hand for years, now he is use to it.

If I did go with a tank it would be something like 150-200 gallons, and he would be in there alone, I do want a female eventually and if I so do that I would probably keep then speperate and have a big pond for her.

I don't know to many people who work with these species, and I googled and searched for enclosures it just doesn't seem like a popular species people share lol.

Kyle

Check out my site and channel:
Www.tortoise-spot.webs.com
Www.youtube.com/tortoisespot

Status
Not open for further replies.