Mexican giant musk turtle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Here is my 8 inch male mexican musk, been looking for a female with no luck. Might just end up getting rid of lonesome jaws so he can breed, think he's close to full grown about 8 inches or a little bigger

26EE7ED4-EB3F-4FF0-AF84-65D4167AE1EB-4776-00000377A2FED26E_zpsfd7eda0e.jpg

1C7E84C9-CC08-4A26-B6AB-D74754D89634-4776-0000037798EC9479_zpsa3ca0295.jpg

Check out my site and channel:
Www.tortoise-spot.webs.com
Www.youtube.com/tortoisespot

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
He looks great. I hope you will eventually find a female. But you know he could still get a lot bigger...adults can be 12 to 14 inches.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
He hasn't grown much since I got him. He's a true beauty. Thing is my buddy Dan. Use to watch him cuz he had a huge 200 gallon, he is leaving tho so I took him back. I plan to get a stock tank or build a pond. I think i might put him up for sell and focus in my tortoises, I'm torn. Lol

Kyle

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Understand. I was there myself with my alligator snapping turtle. Broke my heart but I knew he needed a lot more room than I could give him. Good thing for me a local friend had a trio of alligator snappers that he has had for almost 40 years. He just happened to have the room--and the legal permits--for mine. Now my snapper has all the room he could want and future breeding potential too.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I know. It's goin to break my heart to let him go but think I'm going to do it. It would be nice if he went to a potential breeding group and can be a stud for someone. He's very friendly, he allows me to hand feed him and he swims right up to me when in near the tank. Gentle giant. He's also a head turner anyone that sees him are always blown away but how big he is. His head alone is 3 inches big and 2 inches wide, very impressive turtles.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.