Geochelone Radiata

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_The_Tortoise_Guy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern USA
Took some pictures at the zoo.... enjoy!!

Sitting in the sun
IMG_2283.jpg

On a mission
IMG_2288.jpg

Searching....
IMG_2289.jpg

Looking that way
IMG_2292.jpg

searching some more ...
IMG_2300.jpg

Getting closer
IMG_2306.jpg

Almost there .....
IMG_2308.jpg

Grass is greener on the other side ( there was a whole huge patch of grass of food behind him not to mention a MOUND of mixed greens a few feet away)
IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

Parallel parking
IMG_2317.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow

So big, so beautiful!

I like the comments you put before each pic :D

Poor them, they can see the grass outside their enclosures.

Thanks for sharing.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures John :D

What zoo were you at?

Danny

John_The_Tortoise_Guy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Eastern USA
Thank you Isa it was really funny that tortoise trying to get the one blade of grass out of reach. There was a good patch that was nice a long right behind it and a huge mound of food too. I wish I had a video camera I would have taped it.

Danny, we went to the Roger Williams Zoo in Rhode Island. They have a decent sized collection of radiated tortoises there. I also have pictures of some Aldabras from the Southwick Zoo.I will try to find all the unusual tortoise/ turtle pictures I have and post them so you can enjoy them all. Anytime I go somewhere we take pictures since we both like animals we go to different places that have them. This weekend was my girlfriends birthday so we went to Roger Williams on Saturday and Winslow farm and Capron Zoo on Sunday. Roger Williams has a great butterfly exhibit if you are into that sort of thing They had all sorts of cool butterflies inside a specially designed greenhouse. It was pretty cool but hot. Let me know what you guys want to see Ill post them
-John

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
awesome pics...one day ill own one.....even if i have to eat beans and rice for the rest of life.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Great shots and some great expressions, made so much nicer by your wonderful comments on them. Bet the butterfly exhibit was awesome. Can you imagine if torts came in such a colorful variety of colors.

Lil' Tortie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Central TX
jasso2 said:
awesome pics...one day ill own one.....even if i have to eat beans and rice for the rest of life.

Same goes for me. I love these beauties! Nice pics. While at it, does anyone know the updates on this endangered species? I don't get much information on them here in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.