General RES question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
I had a call today from someone who has a younger RES. They say nothing has changed in the 6 months they have owned him, temps food, etc, but he has slowed down. I gave them this site, but their computer is down, so I said I would look and get back the them.
I didn't get any specifics(yet!) and quickly looking at the water turtle section here, nothing popped out at me.
So, besides getting how big tank s/he is in, size,filter, temps, food .
and where he came from. Do RES slow down in winter? (I know they hibernate outside, but do they act like some of out torts inside?)
My guess would be yes, but if the water temps are the same, should they be?
I don't know these people, but always want to help out any critter in need.The few questions I asked was about general appearance, eyes and if anything changed.

I know some of you have both, Yvonne? Maggie? Kristina?
Any quick info would be great and is there a better place here to find answers? Or is there a better place to sign up for RES specifically?
Thanks guys!
Nay

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My general opinion would be yes they do slow down. Even indoors, animals know what time of year it is. However I don't have a lot of experience with res. You could send a pm to maggie3fan, she keeps some turtles.

Status
Not open for further replies.