Garter snakes.. my highlight today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
As most of you know, I am a ACO.. can be tough sometimes..anyway today.. i get a call from a guy who has snakes stuck to one of those sticky glue boards. three of them. Im not sure whathe expected me to do that he couldn't, but some people just aren't able to do things...i had him meet me at the shelter. sure enough three snakes stuck on one board.. poor things!
I went it down, and s-l-o-w-l-y started pulling them off.. they were not very happy.. i placed them in a shallow bowl of water and what do you know! 2 of them survived and were able to be released near the creek! the third one may have been dead to start with, but it was stuck the worst.. I was willing to try... have to at least try right? others just wanted them put down right away.. glad i didnt.. i wish i had taken pictures.. oh well.. two happier snakes tonight..
and btw,, that Bearded Dragon was still at the shelter.. i sent it on to a rescue..where hopefully it will get better care.. sad but true.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
WTG.. Just glad he called instead of tossing them in the trash.. I know way to many people that would have just done that or even killed them before they tossed then JUST incase they got off the sticky stuff.. Glad you were there to help.. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You have such an interesting job!

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
:) really nice!
I am glad for the 2 snakes. I really hope the little Beardie will find a good home, I am sure he deseves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.