Garden chat & photos for torts and people ♫ ♫

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
If you could grow one thing, which currently you are unable to because of price, where you live, it's size, a black thumb what ever, what would you grow?

Dahlias & Japanese Maples … Zone 4 blows :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you could grow one thing, which currently you are unable to because of price, where you live, it's size, a black thumb what ever, what would you grow?

In my back yard, the flower bed wraps around the house from the west side and the north side. I have roses planted in the bed, however, the roses on the north side lean out to get the sun, making it hard to mow and edge around them. So I'd like to dig them out and plant maybe a camelia and a gardenia. Been thinking about that for a long time. Don't know if my soil has the correct ph or whatever those plants need.

Tyanna

Wisconsin
So I've been trying to grow some seed mixes in my enclosures, and I had a fluorescent tube light over it, with no sprouts. So I decided to stop using it and unplugged it since it "wasn't" working..and I woke up to find a million new sprouts. :rolleyes: Jeesh.

Prairie Mom

You go right ahead, I love to teach people. :)

Also, what zone are you in? Because I have a Cherry tree in Zone 4, but it's for pies, so it's tart.
Hooray for zone 4! Me too! My whiney post is that I want SWEET cherries...bwa bwa bwa bwaaaaaaa . I don't really care for tart cherries. I don't make that much cherry pie, but the kids and I could stuff ourselves silly with sweet cherries:) I even committed the crime of painstakingly pulling out all the choke cherries from my yard:)

I love that you're willing to teach your art! Very cool!

Prairie Mom

So I've been trying to grow some seed mixes in my enclosures, and I had a fluorescent tube light over it, with no sprouts. So I decided to stop using it and unplugged it since it "wasn't" working..and I woke up to find a million new sprouts. :rolleyes: Jeesh.
bwa ha ha ha! Oh man...I don't even know what to say to that one! The plants are toying with you!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

lol plants do that on purpose you know! Just like if you think a plant is dead, just go out and buy a replacement plant for that spot and the dead plant will miraculously start growing. lol

Tyanna

Wisconsin
lol plants do that on purpose you know! Just like if you think a plant is dead, just go out and buy a replacement plant for that spot and the dead plant will miraculously start growing. lol

I'm just happy they're finally growing! Now hopefully they stay growing..

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
oh Olives...now that's something that I'd consider adding to Jacqui's fantasy garden post. My husband loves them. I hope your tree grows big and produces well:)
Thanks Chrissy. :D It may not produce if the temperatures are always above 4 *C. So, it will probably not produce, maybe if we get a very cold year.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Some seeds need strong sunlight to sprout, others need no sunlight at all. Some don't even care :)

Prairie Mom