Garden chat & photos for torts and people ♫ ♫

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
If you could grow one thing, which currently you are unable to because of price, where you live, it's size, a black thumb what ever, what would you grow?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I sent for some of the painted eucalyptus seeds, even though it said they can't withstand frost. I'm going to try growing them in pots and bringing them into the greenhouse in the winter.

Prairie Mom

If you could grow one thing, which currently you are unable to because of price, where you live, it's size, a black thumb what ever, what would you grow?
CHERRIES! CHERRIES! CHERRIES! Sweet Cherries -like stella or some other sweet kind.

I've wanted blue berries for years also, but they always die on me no matter how I alter the soil. I was told it was because they couldn't handle the elevation? I've started growing Saskatoons (I think they're also called wolf berry) and they are wonderful and like a milder blueberry, but ripens earlier in the summer.

My list of stuff I want to grow is endless....
I live in the wrong zone -the things you do for dependable work:)
I'm interested in trying to grow a small nectarine in a pot and bringing it inside like Yvonne is doing.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well, I sent for some of the painted eucalyptus seeds, even though it said they can't withstand frost. I'm going to try growing them in pots and bringing them into the greenhouse in the winter.

I loved those pictures. Keep us posted how they turn out.

Delilah1623

What a spaz! (the dog NOT YOU--er hum!) ;) I want to give him a big hug around that long outstretched neck! So is he/she actually eating the mulberries or just chewing on a branch? What a great photo! I love it, Delilah!
She is eating the mulberries right off the tree. That's is a a still shot from a video but I don't think I can post videos here. )=