Frozen Bloodworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

animal_lvr

5 Year Member
I was in PetSupermarket last night and noticed that they have frozen bloodworms that are intended for feeding fish. Are these ok to give to my baby eastern box turtle? They are in cubes.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I have been told they are but mine only eat things that move. They can eat a big earth worm, they love wax worms, rolly pollys and meal worms.

animal_lvr

5 Year Member
I am having a hard time finding live worms. Just wondered if these would be ok because they are intended for fish.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, they're fine. What you do is put some warmish water in a little tub or dish pan and put in a cube of the frozen worms. When they are defrosted, add your baby turtles to the soaking water. They will usually eat the worms even though the worms aren't alive. The water makes them move and they "look" alive to the turtles.

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
animal_lvr said:
I am having a hard time finding live worms. Just wondered if these would be ok because they are intended for fish.

Just so you know, Petsmart sells Night Crawlers and Red Wrigglers, in addition to the normal wax worms, meal worms & super worms. You just have to ask for them.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
007-14.jpg

I use them all the time with new hatchlings. That and pill bugs are what I start them off with, and then small wax worms and cut up red wigglers.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Mine would never eat the frozen blood worms. Pill bugs and anything moving will get devoured...

Status
Not open for further replies.