Tortoises in Vancouver

mandyf13

Hi!
I really want to have a tortoise, but in Vancouver, it is all extremely expensive, like 600 dollars. Also, I heard that breeders are better, but again, I don't know any breeders in or around Vancouver.
Do you have any ideas what to do? Or where I can go to get a tortoise?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). We do have a few Canadian members, hopefully they will pop on and can offer some help

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
You will pay 350 to 1500 depending on the species. There are reptile stores around that do ship across the country. But try kijiji and search under the category "other pets" and "tortoise" and you'll find sellers there. Prices are better and you'll usually save on the tax.

[email protected]

Hi Mandy have you managed to find your tort yet? I recently acquired my juvenile red footed tortoise from someone in Vancouver. I live on Vancouver island. You can contact Kevin via email if you haven't found one yet. Here's his email: [email protected]
Good luck!

Summerthetort

Vancouver
Hi!
I really want to have a tortoise, but in Vancouver, it is all extremely expensive, like 600 dollars. Also, I heard that breeders are better, but again, I don't know any breeders in or around Vancouver.
Do you have any ideas what to do? Or where I can go to get a tortoise?
Ah dear! In same situation! I personally think it is outrageously unreasonable expensive!!!grrrr But I honestly didn't find any. Check Kijiji and the reptile expo in Vancouver (that is being postponed due to pandemic). The expo for sure will be selling tortoises! How much I dunno. I have personally fell in love with Russian tortoise from Tails and Scales and ordered one online! It arrived safely all the way from Toronto to Vancouver. Our little baby. Cost was $550 for tortoise and$85 shipping to Vancouver. I just couldn't resist anymore. If I ever find cheaper price is be damned to not get more! In love with this cutie

Attachments

• 20200311_124624_225.jpg
    20200311_124624_225.jpg
    976 KB · Views: 6

Randy Micheals

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
British columbia
Unfortunately here in Canada torts are pretty pricey.

This site pulls from kijiji and a few other sites and can have some gems.

Breeders post here sometimes as well.

And also the sometimes post here. Or you can inquire specifically on this forum.

Good luck!