Fresno area vet recommendation

Location (City and/or State)
Fresno
Can anyone recommend a vet in the Fresno California area? We have a young sulcata acquired as a 40 g hatchling about a year ago. It has grown very well (1.6 lbs at the moment) and looks good and is active. The problem is that it has started to have loose, soft, smelly poo and I suspect he may now have parasites, so I would like to have a fecal check and treatment, if needed. Any advice is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We don't have a good reptile vet here. The vets I've gone to in the past no longer practice, and the ones who say they know tortoises really don't.

Any vet can look at a fecal sample and check for worms, but will they get the dosage correct.

Dr. Brewer doesn't have her own practice, but she's down-to-earth and honest. Call San Joaquin Vet Hospital and ask if she's there. If not Dr. Stocks would be my next choice. Last I heard he was at San Joaquin.

Fresno
We don't have a good reptile vet here. The vets I've gone to in the past no longer practice, and the ones who say they know tortoises really don't.

Any vet can look at a fecal sample and check for worms, but will they get the dosage correct.

Dr. Brewer doesn't have her own practice, but she's down-to-earth and honest. Call San Joaquin Vet Hospital and ask if she's there. If not Dr. Stocks would be my next choice. Last I heard he was at San Joaquin.
Thank you for your suggestions