Free Blind sulcata to expierienced person

Status
Not open for further replies.

tor-tise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
I want to give my baby sulcata away for free to anyone who KNOWS what they're doing and have dealt with problems like this before he/she is blind as far as i know he doesn't really want to eat he hasn't opened his right eye and he just sleeps ALL day i still soak him everyday but he stays sleeping occasionally waking up to move his head around. Id prefer local pickups only but will ship if you pay for the shipping. Here's his thread on his condition

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-61070.html

Here's my cell 323-767-3840 I am 14 just to let people know so they don't expect and adult to answer they're call. I don't respond to missed calls so leave me a message or just text me.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Why are you giving up on him? Have you been keeping him warm lately like everyone recommended?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Joseph:

I think you're doing the right thing. Hopefully you will be able to find someone who lives near you and is willing to take on a sick little baby tortoise. If I'm remembering correctly, you are in the L.A. area.

So all you SoCal folk, if you have experience with sick baby tortoises, won't you take a chance on this little guy and help Joseph out?

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
I'm only 13 so I understand where you are coming from. You're doing a good thing by doing what's best for your tortoise :) Good luck!

Ripkabird98

5 Year Member
tor-tise said:
I want to give my baby sulcata away for free to anyone who KNOWS what they're doing and have dealt with problems like this before he/she is blind as far as i know he doesn't really want to eat he hasn't opened his right eye and he just sleeps ALL day i still soak him everyday but he stays sleeping occasionally waking up to move his head around. Id prefer local pickups only but will ship if you pay for the shipping. Here's his thread on his condition

Here's my cell 323-767-3840 I am 14 just to let people know so they don't expect and adult to answer they're call. I don't respond to missed calls so leave me a message or just text me.

I texted you. I would love to take in this little guy! I am 14 too. But I don't have school except at night. (I'm in college). Call or text me at 816-785-9589 (text preferred.) I can PAY FOR SHIPPING

t9dragon

5 Year Member
Pacific Northwest
tor-tise said:

I would gladly take your blind Sulcata. I already have a blind Sulcata and and 3 others and they are doing very well. If you want to text you can at 503-318-9809... I live in Oregon would you be willing to ship?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Please guys, Joseph said he will give his baby to someone who knows how to care for a blind tort AND you pay for shipping if you don't live locally. So, that means if you can care for the tort, you would have to pay for shipping. I hope someone can do this real soon. Joseph, I admire what you are doing. It can't e easy for you to give your baby up. I hope when you decide to have another tort some day that you'll know everything there is to know about their care so that you can have the wonderful experience of raising a happy, healthy tort.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I don't think they are implying that he pays the shipping, I think they are just asking if he would box it up and ship it out. Hell, if no body is able to help, i'll pay the shipping and take him.

t9dragon

5 Year Member
Pacific Northwest
jtrux said:
I don't think they are implying that he pays the shipping, I think they are just asking if he would box it up and ship it out. Hell, if no body is able to help, i'll pay the shipping and take him.

That is what I am asking, if he is willing to ship. I will pay for the shipping.

Ripkabird98

5 Year Member
tor-tise said:

like I said so call or text me at 8167859589. Im trying to contact you.
Id love to take him in!!

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Ripkabird98 said:
tor-tise said:

like I said so call or text me at 8167859589. Im trying to contact you.
Id love to take him in!!

I hope you are able to help him out!

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
If I didn't live in Nebraska I'd totally take your little tort. I hope you don't give up on these creatures, they really are the best kind of pet to have.

I've never had a little baby tortoise but if I were you try getting a tort that's aged a little and well established.

tor-tise

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Hey everyone thanks for all the replies and texts but i contacted maggie on here and i herd she was great at reviving torts and asked her for help/advice. so i decided to keep him hes NOT BLIND he is now able to see but not really eating I'm giving him baby food soaks and offering him romaine lettuce, kale, and mazuri but he refuses it all. I still have to buy him his eye ointment, i got a ceramic night heat emitter and well i hope he gets better.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I was going to offer to take him and try nursing him back to health if it's too much for you. I'm not interested in keeping a Sulcata so you'd have to be willing to take him back if and when he got better. I cannot promise anything but Yvonne and Maggie know me so they can tell you whether they think it would be a good idea or not. I have raised babies before so I know that part of it. I live in Alhambra which is very close to you. Let me know. Candy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's great news, Joseph. Maggie has nursed quite a few blind tortoises back to health. And, if it does get to be too much for you to handle, Candy would also be a good choice as a foster mom.

tor-tise

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
ok he opens and closes his mouth A LOT! which is most likely a URTI. i told my mom and she thinks reptiles don't get sick and that URIs and stuff is just bologna. So any one who has the money to take him to a vet and take care of him LOCALLY is welcome to come and take him. I AM NOT SHIPPING HIM OUT. and ... well ya anyone locally with experienced and can take him to a vet can take him just txt or call me. I don't respond to missed calls though

323-767-3840 My name is Joseph

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Joseph: I'm sorry your mom feels that way. You are sort of between a rock and a hard place. Why don't you send PM to Candy and see if she'll take him? She may not see this thread to contact you.

Status
Not open for further replies.