FOUND MISSING 3 toed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
I was pulling weeds and guess who i found! dug under the succulent plant and was hiding.. I havent moved and i wont, i tapped her shell and she squired, so i am happy.

I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sylvia-1.jpg

I swear i gave up hope... I thought how horrible i was... Now she is in SO MUCH TROUBLE!! When she wakes up!!!!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
this is great news, Terra!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Glad you found her! Now it is Terry's turn to find Izzy!

M

Maggie Cummings

In her pen? I am laughing pretty good here...I am happy for you...

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Yes Maggie in her pen. Whats worse, is i stood beside her every day! I think she dug way under the plant and today she came out! I looked at my plant there and how it was in the ground all ****-eyed. So i think that i could not have found her before, i know i looked there!
And today there is all kinds of fresh dirt around the spot.

I am glad she stressed me out. Makes me have that Love you feeling all over again!

Rebecca Brittain

5 Year Member
I could have written your post! In fact I thought it was mine at first!
My 3-toed Inapa "ran away" in February out of his pen, into our lawn and I thought he made it into the neighborhood from a hole in our fence.
Anyway, like you, we looked EVERYWHERE in his pen and our lawn! Then last weekend I happened to glance into a corner of our lawn under some brush, and there he was, fine as paint. All that worrying and he was there the whole time, probably dug deep and hibernated. I know I wanted to spank him too! I spent the last 2.5 months feelling horrible that he was gone, plus he's got a mis-shapen beak and has a really hard time eating on his own so I feared the worst. (He really did get loose last year, a neighbor 3 houses up just happened to look down at the right moment and saw him and called me.We fixed his pen since then so he can't escape.)

Previous to allthat, when he WAS in his pen and I'd try to make sure he was ok every night before turning in, I'd look for EVER trying to find him, just like yours. Then I'd see him peering up at me right next to my foot or something. Makes you feel like an idiot. :p

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Rebecca Brittain said:
I could have written your post! In fact I thought it was mine at first!
My 3-toed Inapa "ran away" in February out of his pen, into our lawn and I thought he made it into the neighborhood from a hole in our fence.
Anyway, like you, we looked EVERYWHERE in his pen and our lawn! Then last weekend I happened to glance into a corner of our lawn under some brush, and there he was, fine as paint. All that worrying and he was there the whole time, probably dug deep and hibernated. I know I wanted to spank him too! I spent the last 2.5 months feelling horrible that he was gone, plus he's got a mis-shapen beak and has a really hard time eating on his own so I feared the worst. (He really did get loose last year, a neighbor 3 houses up just happened to look down at the right moment and saw him and called me.We fixed his pen since then so he can't escape.)

Previous to allthat, when he WAS in his pen and I'd try to make sure he was ok every night before turning in, I'd look for EVER trying to find him, just like yours. Then I'd see him peering up at me right next to my foot or something. Makes you feel like an idiot. :p

I am so happy for you!!!! I know how you feel! the relief the feeling or anger, then the happiness and more happiness. I think they both went way far in and came out and then we found them.

2 escapes for you huh? well you need to tell her your going to put a gps on her!

Shelly said:
terracolson said:
i tapped her shell and she squired,

??

Sorry, i dont proof read, bad habit.

I tapped her shell and she squirmed. She told me some very naughty words and dug down a bit more. I felt mean vibes. Its only 55 outside!

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
CONGRATULATIONS!!

I hate to say it, but I dont have a clue here, i must have not read a thread that you have lost her!!
Humm.. im going to go and find it!

Glad you found her though, and will will definitly give others hope.. how long has she been missing? when will she wake up?
Going to search through your threads now to see about a missing 3 toed lol!!

P.S : Thank goodness you have weeds eh??

doubledfight

5 Year Member
Arkansas
same thing happened to me, i got a new three toed box turtle and he ecscaped from his pen and about two weeks later , my mom found him in her garden , im so happy i found him , and he is saftley back in his cage. :D and i fixed it to where he cant get out , aha.

doubledfight

5 Year Member
Arkansas
i have a question , how do you put pictures up like that , like i put attach file on mine but its different please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.