Found it!

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I'm not usually a loser of things as some folks are. I borrowed St Anthony's name when I was confirmed but we don't chat often.

This I what I thought anyway. I collect motorcycles and USED to keep all the titles etc for all the bikes together in one folder in the file cab, the car& truck stuff in another. A few years ago I stopped buying bikes b/c I lost interest in restoring them(space is a finite thing, no matter how much you have) but the last couple titles didn't make it into the folder and became spread around my home in "this pile of important papers" or another.

A couple of months ago, I gave one of them away but couldn't find the title. I searched went through all those piles....nada. It was the only Honda title so it should be easy to find. I know that I had a title for that one but darned if I could find it. I had told the guy back then that I would get it to him and I'd hate for him to have to use our alternate way to obtain one, via one of the more amenable States. It doesn't cost much but it's time and hassle that he doesn't need, not when it's a gift, that would be wrong.

A week or so ago, my basement flooded. Life happens and it's all getting resolved. Over the w/e I went down to rescue some stuff that I didn't want being tossed in a box by workers and shoved in a pod on my driveway for a month.

Late last night, I found a NEW pile (LOL) right on my desk downstairs that I haven't seen since daughter placed a curtain over the office and furniture in front of the alcove.

Yup, BAM!
That golden brown envelope was spied in the stack!

This whole "flood thing" has been a miracle in many, many ways........one of the largest impacts is that it has forced looming decisions/tasks to be made NOW!

For an admitted procrastinator, this is a blessing!

The Flood, the gift that keeps on giving! LOL...20230313_020052.jpg

Also found a set of NOS H2 Exhaust head pipes right next to the papers. LOL

I have an original seat, original newly painted tank & tailpiece, nos sidecovers and nearly new original exhaust for my '75 H2 ...the header pipes make it a complete spare set.

I knew they were there though......LOL

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yay, it's such a good feeling when you find that "thing" you knew you had and for the life of you, you can't find.
I usually find, that if I stop obsessing over it and stop looking, it some how miraculously shows up.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yay, it's such a good feeling when you find that "thing" you knew you had and for the life of you, you can't find.
I usually find, that if I stop obsessing over it and stop looking, it some how miraculously shows up.
Do you know why that "thing" you are looking for is always in the last place you look?

Because you stop looking when you find it...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My biggest problem is when I finally find the lost item. Then against my better judgement I'll put it in a better safer place. Wrong!!! I can't find it again 😲🤔sooo....

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I have tried having a large box for my safe place, but what happens if you briefly remember seeing something, but don't have time to put it in the safe place at that moment - it's lost again !
I wonder if a very large apron with a huge pocket in front would work, to be emptied each night. Of course, then you might trip over something (which also is in the wrong place ) and fall onto that very sharp knife which you had put in the pocket earlier !
Angie