Forgot about my Torotise

Location (City and/or State)
Port St Lucie, FL
Yup seems like this is a club! The forget me nots LOL I too have had my baby for only a couple of months and I do soak daily. One time I got too hot out on the patio where I keep my tort for me, (FL humidity and 92 degrees every day) now I still wait while it soaks and but I bring it in the house, I left it there for about 2 hours the longest, and yup it was sound asleep after peeing and pooping in the bath water. I now bring it in the house with me and set the microwave timer so I will hear it and remind me it's in the house. The house temp is 78 degrees and the fans are on, I put the tort in a place it will not cool off from the fans. My tort loves it's soak. If I do not get to it early enough I find it in the shallow flower pot bottom where I put water and weeds to keep fresh, and there it is soaking itself. I see it climb in and out of the water during its awake time. A bath and a good meal and it sleeps for hours after eating, and eats more each day. I understand that all living things as babies need rest to grow and be strong so if it sleeps a long time it must need to. Seems pretty happy, healthy and growing. Today was the second day I gave it apples, its still not convinced carrots are sweet enough LOL I made a list form the Tortoise table of all the fruits, veggies and weeds that are safe to feed that info. My tort is also late night active, that seems weird but its the norm for this tort.42txtOA2SkOUy9SwGAuZXw.jpg has been a lifesaver as I no longer worry about feeding something bad for it.

DesertGirl

5 Year Member
Fabulous Las Vegas, NV
No Debora, not with their head underwater. Keeping the water dish very shallow is key.
Frisbee soaks in our double jacuzzi tub. She puts her head under water and “swims” around. BTW the humans do not use this tub so there’s never been any soap in it. She seems to really enjoy the deeper water. We sit on the side of the tub and watch her.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Frisbee soaks in our double jacuzzi tub. She puts her head under water and “swims” around. BTW the humans do not use this tub so there’s never been any soap in it. She seems to really enjoy the deeper water. We sit on the side of the tub and watch her.
We have to see a picture of this [emoji16]