For The Roachman (and everyone else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
60 miles south of Chicago
Nothing you haven't seen before, but I just thought I'd share.
Female Blaptica dubia.
I don't dare touch these things, but my husband will handle them. I snapped these back in November.
4103115840_543c5c1a15.jpg

4103115842_4ab662434d.jpg

I don't know how anyone can touch these things and NOT scream their heads off and not want to itch and claw at themselves where the bug touched them, but some obviously are ok touching them.

I think it's a TOTAL sensory/tactile thing for me, but the thought of touching one just freaks me out so BADLY.
And I KNOW they won't hurt me. I'm not afraid of them like that. It's a fear of feel, I think.

BLAH.

M

Maggie Cummings

I so second the motion...bleh! Pretty pictures tho...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very cool. Thanks! I think some of our other forum members are starting to get a little bit desensitized. Did you see the ones of my little girl with the peppered roach? She's got no fear whatsoever, but she's starting to notice people's horrified reactions. I showed some of mine to Cory (Spikethebest) today. He politely listened to my enthusiastic ranting, but didn't ask to hold one.

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
60 miles south of Chicago
I saw those pictures of your daughter, but I was in a hurry and didn't get a chance to reply.:D
I admit, the pics made me squeamish, but I think it's FABULOUS that your daughter has no fear of your roaches.
Personally, my fear of bugs has carried over into my adult life from my childhood.:(
I have 4 older brothers, and I'm the youngest and only girl, so I was pretty much tortured as a child when it came to bugs.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Roachman26 said:
Very cool. Thanks! I think some of our other forum members are starting to get a little bit desensitized. Did you see the ones of my little girl with the peppered roach? She's got no fear whatsoever, but she's starting to notice people's horrified reactions. I showed some of mine to Cory (Spikethebest) today. He politely listened to my enthusiastic ranting, but didn't ask to hold one.

i loved seeing them all. isnt this the species that is your daughter's favorite?

and no, i dont want to touch them at all, i will just stick with holding tortoises!

t_mclellan

10 Year Member!
Gilchrist Co., Florida
This is great!
I remember "Mimic"!
Dose anyone remember the movie "Joe's apartment"?
I was a "Set Dresser" on that one.
Lots of those "Hollywood" Roaches!
We had to evict the local roaches & make the set (a burned out apartment).) acceptable for those guys! Something in their contract about clean filth, I think.
I like roaches & find them fascinating, The wife, Not so much!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Very cool looking! I would love to hold one! I've never been afraid of insects, or any kind of creature really. I held a millipede at a reptile expo once while everyone around me was screaming :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.