Food preference??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well within the last few weeks I have noticed that Tony and Tiny have been eating more Mazuri and less Vegetable...Seems hey graze all day on the Mazuri.. Then just before lights out they chow down some greens...

So the question is....Is this a bad thing... They used to both eat quite a bit of greens before..

Thoughts?? Opinions?

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
After I feed Gupta kinda the same thing for a while he gets tired of it, then when i find something new to add he usually eats the new greens more than the old ones that I have been feeding for a while. Tortoises never seem to get tired of Mazuri for some reason but if you went and found some brand new food for him my guess is he will start chowing down on it again maybe.
I understand that its hard to find variety sometimes, you could just go outside and cut off some weeds and feed them with the Mazuri. Or order a grass seed mix and plant it . :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
mazuri is probably better for them then too many veggies...they should be grazing....or getting grass hay to eat.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Laura said:
mazuri is probably better for them then too many veggies...they should be grazing....or getting grass hay to eat.

Carolina Pet Supply has a chopped up hay mix and a herbal salad that is really good for tortoises , I am having trouble getting mine to eat it though. :( and they have a whole bunch of seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.