Florida's Humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, Florida
I was wondering if it was true that if you live in Florida you have to buy tortoises that was born and raised in Florida. A local breeder I met at a reptile convention told me that tortoises brought in from other states can get sick from how high the humidity is in Florida. I found a tortoise I really REALLY NEED in Arizona, lol, and I live in mid-Florida. Someone please give me good news!! *crosses fingers*

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think he is trying to make a sale. You should let him know he is a liar. No it is not true. There are many species that would love your Florida humidity. Some owners too. It would make their job easier with some of the torts they have. You can get one from any place you'd like, except taking it from the wild. I don't like that.:)

6speedtitaniumr/t

5 Year Member
Amarillo Texas
I would have to agree. :) It is dang hard trying to keep the humidity up in the Texas panhandle. The daily high temp is over 100 degrees right now, and the ambient humidity is only 20%.

you should be OK, i got my Hermanns from Florida so it is the opposite problem for me.

Good luck,:D

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! I am jumping for joy right now, literally! This is AWESOME news!!

Status
Not open for further replies.