Flashing or should I be concerned

Dkozi7

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I have an almost 2 year old leopard that is 600 grams and was temp sexed female. His/her name is Echo and tonight while working in the enclosure he/she came over to us and something pink kept swiping in and out of the tail. Shortly after he/she started to poop and then back to normal. He/she wasn't thrilled when we were messing with the enclosure and was pacing until he came right up to us and did this. Did he flash us or should I be concerned about prolapse? He is also my most personable and best eater. No change in other behavior. I attached a picture after.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Probably a flas. Thats the age mine flashed. Mine usually did it in his warm soaks so keep an eye out then. Also he did it for about a month or so.
Also no real concern unless it doesn't retract

Dkozi7

Georgia
Probably a flas. Thats the age mine flashed. Mine usually did it in his warm soaks so keep an eye out then. Also he did it for about a month or so.
Also no real concern unless it doesn't retract

Ok well my other three need to be females then! Lol!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ok well my other three need to be females then! Lol!
LOL, yeah good luck with that. I have an approximate 4 1/2 year old rescue. It was incubated for female, looks female, acts like a male and still no flashing to know for sure. So I have one known male, one known female and an "It" .
Good luck with your other ones

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That just goes to show that temperature sexing isn't always reliable. That's a male tortoise.

Dkozi7

Georgia
That just goes to show that temperature sexing isn't always reliable. That's a male tortoise.

I definitely wasn't relying on it just wishful thinking. Lol! I always had the feeling Echo was a boy. Are you saying its a male by shell and tail or just my description of flashing?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
This confirms that your tort is a male.